- Two capsules contain 600mg of each of the three fruits
- Raw Organic Triphala ("three fruits"), an herbal formulation originating in India.
- Triphala is made from the fruits of three trees that grow in India and the Middle East (Sanskrit term triphala literally means three fruits).
- The fruits are dried, ground into powder, and blended in a precise manner developed by the ancient Ayurvedic herbalists
Triphala is made from the fruits of three trees that grow in India and the Middle East (Sanskrit term literally means three fruits). The fruits are dried, ground into powder, and blended in a precise manner developed by the ancient Ayurvedic herbalists. The three herbs that comprise have potent healing properties:
Haritaki (Harada, ) has the strongest laxative powers of the three fruits contained in . In Tibet, is so highly revered that in their sacred paintings, it's often depicted in the extended palm of the medicine Buddha. The herb also has astringent properties.
Bibhitaki (Behada, ) is an excellent with both laxative and astringent properties. It eliminates excess mucous in the body and provides support for a variety of lung conditions, including bronchitis and asthma.
Triphala gently cleanses and detoxifies the body without irritating the colon. In addition, unlike other laxatives that deplete the body, actually strengthens and nourishes the bones, nervous system, and reproductive organs. In recent years, a number of research studies have found new uses for this herb, including reducing mutated cellular growth. It is also found to have high antioxidant and is even useful for noise and stress induced conditions.
Raw Triphala has a strong taste. It is recommended to drink it with juice or to place honey on the tongue before swallowing. Another way is in powdered form is much more effective and can be mixed thoroughly in a small amount of cold or warm water or simmered in water and drunk as a medicinal tea. When used as a digestive tonic or laxative, it is best taken in the evening, about two hours after eating, and at least 30 minutes before bedtime. No food should be eaten for one and a half hours after ingestion.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Triphala Powder may include:
- Feeling pure, light & revitalized
- Supports the body's natural detoxification process
- Supports a healthy inflammation response
- Nourishing your nervous system, blood & muscle
- Nourishing the Adrenals
- Nourishing the bones, nervous system, & reproductive organs
- Supporting a healthy immune system response
- Eliminating excess mucous
- Astringent properties
- Supporting a healthy mental outlook
- Laxative properties
- Possible healing properties
- Traditionally known as a great rejuvenator & antioxidant
- Supporting healthy digestion, assimilation & elimination response
- Supporting a healthy respiratory system
- Cooling the body
- Supporting healthy metabolism
Adults: 2 capsules twice daily with water before or after meals, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.